The moments immediately following any type of car accident can be quite frightening. You may be shocked, dazed and confused, opening the door to vulnerable error. Below are key tips that you may use in the event of a car accident in New York.
Stop and Assess
In those first moments following a motor vehicle accident, make sure to assess yourself and the passengers in your vehicle.
If you find that you or your loved ones are in physical distress, or cannot move without significant pain or discomfort, do not attempt to move any further and call 911 immediately.
Due to the nature of the collision, your vehicle may be located in an unsafe location. Immediately turn your hazard lights on and call 911.
Following an automobile collision, creating a strong portfolio of documentation can help you develop a strong, legally-sound case.
- Exchange information with the other driver. Make sure to take down information such as names, contact information, insurance information, and details about the other vehicle.
- If there were any witnesses to the accident, take down their contact information.
- Take photos of the accident and the vehicles involved.
- Take photos of any injuries you or other passengers may have sustained from the collision.
- Provide your version of the events to a police officer.
Contact the Queens Car Accident Attorneys at Beck Law, P.C. for a free consultation.
Contacting an experienced car accident attorney is critical to your case. The attorneys at Beck Law, P.C. have helped hundreds of injured victims in their car accident claims. Our attorneys will obtain your police accident report and proceed with the legal while you take care of your health. Do not jeopardize your case.
Contact Beck Law, P.C. today at (516) 388-7785 for a free consultation. We will help assess claim for free and we do not charge a fee unless we win. Call now.