The moments immediately following any type of car accident can be some of the most frightening of your life.
The dedicated team at Beck Law, P.C., are Queens Car Accident Lawyers who understand that in the aftermath of all of this chaos, filing a claim is often the furthest thing from your mind. Here are a few key steps you can follow immediately following a Car Accident so that down the road, our attorneys can support you in their maximum capacity.
Stop and Assess
At Beck Law, P.C., our Car Accident Lawyers place your health and safety as our top priority.
In those first moments following a motor vehicle collision, you should begin taking stock of the situation. Are you physically injured? Can you move around without pain or discomfort? If there are other passengers in the car, help them to assess their physical status.
If you find that you or your loved ones are in physical distress, or cannot move without significant pain or discomfort, do not attempt to move any further and call 9-1-1 immediately. Are you in a location that is going to present further danger? Motor vehicle accidents can happen anywhere, at any time.
Due to the nature of the collision, your vehicle may have been moved into an unsafe location. Assess whether or not your vehicle is in a condition to be moved, or if you have the physical capacity to move it. If for any reason you are unable to move your vehicle, turn on your hazard lights so other drivers on the road may attempt to pass.
Following an automobile collision, creating a strong portfolio of documentation can help you develop a strong, legally-sound case.
- Exchange information with the other party or parties. Make sure to take down items like names, contact information, insurance information, and details about the other vehicle.
- If there were any witnesses to the accident, take down their contact information and try to obtain a statement.
- Take photos of the accident; in the age of smart phones, documentation is widely accessible! Take photos of your vehicle, with particular attention to any spots where damage was done
- Take photos of the vehicle that caused the accident, making sure to highlight points of impact and the vehicle’s license plate.
- Take photographs of the scene of the accident and other sources of property damage to support future claims.
- Take photos of any injuries you or other passengers may have sustained during the collision.
- As soon as you are able, obtain a copy of the police report from the responding officers.
- Maintain detailed records of any and all communications you have regarding the accident.
- Take down the contact information of all parties you speak to regarding the auto accident, which can include phone operators, insurance agents, adjusters, police officers, and witnesses.
Contact The Queens Car Accident Attorneys at Beck Law, P.C.
Utilizing your well-documented portfolio of information, your next step is to reach out to the Attorneys at Beck Law, P.C and let them handle the rest. The Queens Personal Injury Attorneys at Beck Law, P.C. understand that this process is painstaking and are mindful of their clients.
We handle the legwork while you focus on treating and getting yourself back on track during this time. Settling a claim can be a lengthy process, but fear not, your team of legal professionals at Beck Law, P.C. are here to support you every step of the way.
The dedicated attorneys at Beck Law, P.C. are here to fight for you! Our legal staff will work tirelessly to obtain the best possible outcome for you and your loved ones. Contact Beck Law, P.C. today at (516) 388-7785 for a free consultation. We will help you assess the validity and strength of your claim for damages. We do not recover unless you do. Call now.