Schedule A Free Consultation
Queens Dog Bite Lawyer
Dog bite attacks are devastating and may lead to long lasting effects. In fact, a dog bite happens every 75 seconds in the United States. Dogs bite over 4 million people resulting in the hospitalization of 6000 to 13 000 people each year in the United States. These bites may lead to infection, disfigurement, scarring, and permanent damage.
The Queens dog bite attorneys at Beck Law, P.C. understand the severity that dog bites may have on you or your loved ones. Our dedicated Queens dog bite lawyers will fight to prove the wrongdoing on the part of the dog owner in order to ensure that you obtain maximum compensation for your medical bills and future pain and suffering.
Serious Injuries Caused By Dog Bite Attacks
- Infections. A dog bite can lead to dangerous bacteria that enters into your bloodstream. This may lead to life-threatening diseases and conditions that may impact you in the future. Dogs may also carry serious diseases such as rabies if they did not receive vaccinations.
- Damaged nerves. Dogs have a propensity to bite with tremendous force, damaging nerves and tendons, which may lead to nerve damage, resulting in permanent loss of sensation. Damaged nerves can cause extreme pain that may linger for years after an attack.
- Scarring. Depending on the force of the bite, you may suffer permanent scarring.
- Disfigurement. After a dog attack, you may be facing permanent disfigurement that may transform your life. Children are particularly susceptible to disfigurement after a dog bite.
What To Do After A Dog Bite Attack
Dog bite attacks can be devastating. If you’ve been attacked by a dog, here are some steps you should take immediately:
- Seek Medical Attention: After an attack, it is of the utmost importance to seek medical care immediately. Even a minor dog bite can lead to bacteria or rabies that may have long lasting effects. The physician will document your injuries from a medical standpoint and determine what is needed to avoid any long term effects from the dog bite;
- Obtain Insurance Information from the dog owner: Obtaining insurance information from the dog owner is vital to your case. If the owner does not have insurance, obtain the dog owners information in the form of a driver’s license and phone number.
- Follow doctor’s advice: Following your doctor’s orders will lead to a speedy recovery. During this time you should keep all of your bills and medical records so that they are available for your legal team;
- Contact Beck Law, P.C.: Our experienced New York dog bite attorneys will handle obtaining the dogs vaccination records, animal veterinary information and history and vaccination records.
What Am I Entitled To After a Dog Bite in New York?
Pursuant to the laws in New York, dog bite attacks vary on a case by case basis. An experienced New York dog bite attorney at Beck Law, P.C. will fight relentlessly to get you compensated for the following:
- Medical bills and rehabilitation;
- Lost wages;
- Emotional trauma; and
- Pain and suffering.
The Queens dog bite attorneys at Beck Law, P.C. have successfully recovered for dog bite victims throughout the tristate area. Our attorneys will handle the legal while you take care of your health. Contact us today for a free thorough evaluation of your claim.
How Much Time Do I Have to File A Dog Bite Case?
New York has a strict three year statute of limitations where you may file your claim in court against the dog owner. If a victim has died as a result of the dog bite, the estate has two years from the date of the death to file the lawsuit on behalf of the dead person.
Why Do I Need a Dog Bite Injury Lawyer?
Understanding the complexities of a dog bite injury case can be daunting. Some states have adopted the a “one bite rule” if a person has been viciously attacked by a dog. This rule has been implemented to shield dog owners from liability (fault) if the dog bite was a first time occurrence. This rule does not apply in New York. Instead, New York adopted the “one bite rule” with a degree of “strict liability”. Here, the dog owners are liable for injuries caused by the dog if the victim can prove that the dog is vicious and the owner knew or reasonably should have known of the dog’s dangerous tendencies.
Proving the dogs vicious propensity requires knowledge, experience and expertise. The Queens dog bite attorneys at Beck Law, P.C. have successfully recovered compensation for dog bite victims from negligent owners and insurance companies to ensure that you can get your life back on track.
Contact the experienced Queens dog bite attorneys at Beck Law, P.C. to discuss your case today.
Contact A Queens Dog Bite Lawyer At Beck Law Today for a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one have been attacked by an animal, contact us an experienced Queens Dog Bite Lawyer at BECK LAW, P.C. at 516-388-7785 for a free consultation. We will help you assess the validity and strength of your claim for damages.
Subscribe to Our Mailing list
Get In Touch
The Shops At Atlas Park
71-19 80th Street, Suite 8-206
Glendale, New York 11385