Schedule A Free Consultation
Queens Construction Accident Lawyer
Construction site accident risks range from poorly trained employees to malfunctioning machinery, but most come down to one common factor: human error. When a construction site manager, product manufacturer, construction worker, driver, and/or other party makes a negligence-based mistake, injuries can occur. In fact, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) reports, one in five worker fatalities occur in the construction industry. Many of these injuries can be traced to violations of state and federal safety regulations that are designed to protect workers
Construction accidents can result in death or in injuries so severe that the worker is never again able to earn a living. In fact, thousands of fatalities have been reported by workers that were injured or killed at construction sites in New York. As a result, the State of New York enacted laws and regulations which mandate that construction companies inspect each site with safety engineers and implement a wide variety of safety measures. Regardless of this legislation, construction workers still face a greater risk of work-related injury or fatalities.
If you or a loved one were injured on a construction site, contact Beck Law, P.C. to speak with the experienced New York construction accident lawyers for a free consultation.
What Am I Entitled To After A Construction Accident?
Because of the inherent dangers of construction site employment, victims to construction site injuries are entitled to two methods of compensation:
Workers’ Compensation Claim: New York State Law mandates that construction businesses carry Workers’ Compensation insurance to protect laborers in the event of a job related accident. Workers’ Compensation provides the following coverages:
- Incurred medical expenses
- Lost wages (66% of your income) as a result of injury
- Funeral costs
- Compensation for permanent restrictions.
Personal Injury Lawsuit: Workers’ Compensation bars (does not permit) for you to file a lawsuit against your employer. This is why your employer is mandated to have Workers’ Compensation insurance. However, if any other party shares the responsibility of your workplace injury, you may be able to recover additional compensation from that party. You may pursue a Personal Injury Lawsuit against the following:
- Third-party contractors
- Property managers or owners
- Fellow employees
- On-site engineers
- Equipment supply companies
Filing a claim against the correct entities is critical to a construction site accident case. The attorneys at Beck Law, P.C. handle both Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation and have enough resources and expertise to investigate and hold the correct at-fault party liable for your injuries. Contact Beck Law, P.C. today to speak with the experienced New York construction accident lawyers today.
Common Types Of Construction Accidents
- Falls – Types of falls include falls from elevations, ladder falls, scaffolding falls, and falls associated with contact with equipment or machinery such as cranes or forklifts.
- Forklift Accidents – Forklifts are prone to rollovers and untrained and/or unlicensed forklift operators put all other construction workers in the area at risk.
- Electrocution – Contact with high voltage is one of the most common causes of death in the construction industry.
- Crane Accident – Cranes move heavy equipment and heavy materials. Even a small accident may result in catastrophic injury to workers on site.
- Machinery Accidents – The tools on a job site are powerful, heavy pieces of equipment. When equipment fails or are not in proper working order, workers may end up hurt.
- Nail Gun Accidents – Nail guns are an essential tool in most construction sites, exposing workers to the dangers that may result if the gun malfunctions.
- Scaffold Accidents – Scaffolding must meet OSHA regulations for safety and strength. An improperly constructed scaffold may collapse, causing serious injuries to those on the worksite.
- Stairway Collapse Accidents – During construction, many sites rely on temporary stairways to help workers get around. These stairs often fail to meet safety standards and may endanger your health.
- Trench Accidents – Before construction ever starts, site managers must carefully plan the dig, instruct crews, and prepare the necessary equipment. When they don’t the result can be trench collapse, contact with underground pipes and wires, and life-threatening injuries for those involved.
Why Do I Need a Construction Accident Lawyer?
Construction accidents are specifically complex as they may involved two areas of the law – Workers’ Compensation and Personal Injury. Both of these areas of law require distinct knowledge and expertise as each have their own filing protocols, deadlines, laws and regulations. The attorneys at Beck Law, P.C. handle both Workers Compensation and Personal Injury law. Forget about having to chase two law firms to obtain status updates on your case. Our attorneys reach out to you to give you updates on both cases.
What the Queens Construction accident lawyers at Beck Law, P.C. will do for your case:
- Investigate the scene of the accident for violations;
- Establish fault;
- File your Workers’ Compensation and Personal Injury claim against the appropriate entities;
- Make sure your lost wage payments are received;
- Ensure you are receiving the appropriate medical treatments for your injury;
- Provide sound legal representation to secure the maximum amount of benefit possible
The attorneys at Beck Law, P.C. have the knowledge, expertise and resources to make sure that you obtain maximum compensation for your injuries. Contact Beck Law, P.C. to speak with the New York construction accident lawyer today.
Contact an Experienced Queens Construction Accident Lawyer at Beck Law, P.C. for a Free Consultation
On-site hazards can lead to temporary and permanent disabilities. Construction injuries may include scarring, burns, paralysis, amputation, spinal cord damage, or brain damage.
Whether you have suffered an injury as the result of building collapse, electrical malfunction, falling objects, mechanical failure, or an on-site fall, you should not have to worry about the financial costs sustained as a result.
If you or a loved one were injured on a construction site, you are entitled to compensation. Our New York construction accident lawyers are here to assist you during this difficult time. Contact an experienced New York Construction accident lawyer at Beck Law, P.C. to have your case evaluated for free. You do not pay us unless we get you compensated.
Subscribe to Our Mailing list
Get In Touch
The Shops At Atlas Park
71-19 80th Street, Suite 8-206
Glendale, New York 11385